Most of the time NRIs are not aware of their rights which they can legally enforce in matters related to property, taxation, banking and others. India Law Offices provide complete legal support to the Indian Community living across the globe. We have served many Indians living in the Europe, USA, Canada, Africa and the Middle East by advising them on the complexities and consequences of legal matters which are either pending or are arising at various courts in India.
Our lawyers assist with a wide range of legal issues that NRIs may face including property disputes, the partition of ancestral property, divorce, child custody, transfer of property, obtaining Visa and Indian Citizenship. We offer specialized services with the aim to make it easier for ex-pats to settle in India. With offices all over India as well as a large global network means anyone can seek our advice and services before arriving in India. Our lawyers help in finding solutions and provide systematic legal guidance strategizing and resolving complicated legal disputes as per law via proper court approach and necessary legal paper work.
Marriage, Divorce, Adoption & Child Custody:
- Marriage Solemnization as per different laws, Court Marriage and as per the Arya Samaj Rules and registration thereof.
- Assistance in getting the non-impediment certificates for the purpose of marriage with a foreign national.
- Divorce proceedings, both mutual as well as unilateral which includes drafting and representation both before the concerned courts and appeals arising thereof.
- Child custody, paternity issues.
- Execution of foreign divorce decree in India
- Inter-country adoption both as per the CARA guidelines and as per the personal laws.
- Assistance in resolving matrimonial disputes, alimony issues, domestic violence, dowry harassment cases pending before various courts throughout the country.
Wills, Inheritance and Estate Planning:
- Assistance in drafting of Wills and codicils under different laws and registration of the same.
- Drafting and registration of Gift deeds, relinquishment deeds, family settlement agreements, and partition deeds.
- Help with offshore trusts and setting up family trusts
- Represent the NRI’s before different jurisdictional courts for obtaining probate of the will, letters of administration, succession certificate and legal heir certificate.
- Represent the foreign national clients for obtaining ancillary probate on a Will already proved and probated by a foreign court of competent jurisdiction.
- Ancestral real estate & inheritance advisory
- We assist with obtaining all categories of visa and entry-clearance applications including Business Visa, Employment Visa, Tourist Visa, Student Visa, Entry Visa (X1, X2, X3) and others.
- We also offer specialist advice on applications for Indian citizenship under various grounds as per the Indian Citizenship Act and renouncing foreign passports.
- Assistance with the application and filing of Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cards or converting Person of Indian Origin (PIO) cards to OCI.
- For foreign individuals who are legally residing in India, we can assist them with applications for extension or help them with applications to switch into other immigration categories and settlement applications.
- Preparing required documents and assisting foreign nationals with all procedures at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) or the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO)
- Assisting landlords and foreign nationals with post-arrival police verification procedures (Police Clearance Certificate)
Corporate & Taxation:
- Setting up Business in India
- International Merger & Acquisitions, Joint Venture
- Foreign Investment in India
- Company incorporation documentation, the establishment of project, liaison & branch office, and obtaining various licenses and registrations.
- Advisory on matters related to RBI, SEBI, and FEMA
- Structuring of cross border transaction
- Bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and Company Secretarial Services
- Transfer pricing issues.
- Structuring investments through tax friendly jurisdictions.
- Issues relating to Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement.
- Representation before tax authorities, Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, High Courts and Supreme Court
- Custom Clearance and GST advisory
- Obtaining and verification of current ownership records and conducting Title Search
- Complete assistance in the separation of client’s share in a jointly owned property
- Transferring and mutating ownership rights of the property
- Settling of claims against developers in consumer court/RERA
- Solutions related to buying & selling of real estate assets
- Repatriation of funds and the sale of Indian assets
- Eviction of hostile tenant and landlord tenant agreement
- Assessment and legal remedies in tax related matters.